Lyng's church organ - a bit of history with a twist
But checking the history of the organ produced a surprise for the webmaster - he lived as a boy only a couple of hundred yards from the factory of the builders.
Rest Cartwright had their offices in Molina Road, West Green, north London and there is lots more to be read about them HERE
These pictures of the nave of St Margaret's church came to the web site from Ernie Pinch and unlike many old pictures we can date them with a small degree of accuracy.
For we know that the organ was installed sometime after 1923 - and one picture has an organ... and the other does not.
The organ was erected in honour of a rector (plate right) David Frazer Amos (1912-1923) - sorry about the pictures of the plates!
It was further restored later by the company shown left - but rather splendidly Boggis are still in business and have a web site HERE. Mr William Boggis was apprenticed in London and worked at various times for many of the famous names in organ building - Gern, T S Jones, R Huntingford and Comptons. His new firm flourished, expanding its tuning and maintenance contracts and building new organs, including the one in St Remigius Church, Roydon, the home parish of the firm.